Emoticons (or emoji) are a neat way to share how you feel about a picture on Instagram! Not everybody knows how to use this simple trick. We will show you in words and pictures.
First, you need to enable the Emoji keyboard. Its built into iOS 5 and iOS 7. Go to Settings app General Scroll down to Keyboard (below Date & time) Tap Keyboards Add New Keyboard Scroll down to Emoji below Estonian Tap Emoji. Your Emoji keyboard is now enabled!
Now next time you are typing a caption or a comment, you will see Globe key just to the left of the microphone, and just to the right of the 123. This will bring up the Emoji (or emoticon) keyboard. Swipe side to side and click on the categories below to bring up one of the hundreds of emojis available. Click on the Emoji and it will appear in the caption block. If you hold the emoji down, a slightly larger view of it will emerge.
Lets review with some screenshots:
- Go to Settings, then general.
- Scroll down and tap on keyboard.
- Tap on Keyboards.
- Tap Emoji. The keyboard is now enabled.
- Tap on Add New Keyboard.
- Now, when typing a comment, tap on the globe on the right of the 123 key.
- You should see a variety of emoticons come up. Tap on the one you like! Click on the globe again to get back to a normal keyboard.